1. Security - Your order details are sent using secure server software. This means that the information sent is coded so that it is extremely unlikely that someone is able to obtain this information. Only TLC staff can decode the information to obtain your details. The web pages are secure when the address in the Address bar changes from http:// to https:// and you will see a padlock symbol or key in the button bar of your browser. However, some computers are protected by Firewalls or Proxy's that block https and prevent this secure connection. Any customers who encounter this problem can telephone their order to us or use the fax/postal form. If you do not wish to include your credit card details on this form then we will call you at a later stage when your order is ready for shipping. If for any reason you believe the ordering process has not been secure please contact [email protected] If your credit or debit card is used fraudulently the majority of card issuers will not hold you responsible for any of the charges but some may hold you liable for up to £50.00 If you require any further information please call us on 01455 634082 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Saturday or email [email protected]
2. Order Acknowledgement - Your order will be acknowledged on our website and via email, on the understanding that delivery is subject to availability. Occasionally we may be unable to deliver if stock runs out, is withdrawn or circumstances arise beyond our control but if there is a problem, we will let you know as soon as we can. If this happens, you will be offered an alternative item or you may cancel your order. This will discharge any liability for failure to deliver the goods in question.
3. Ordering By Phone - You can ring 01455 634082 to place your order. It would help if you add items to the shopping basket as normal then print this off when you are ready to call. Please have your credit/debit card details and delivery address to hand.
4. Order Despatching - We aim for you to receive your order within 7 days of us receiving it, but in some instances a maximum of 28 days must be allowed. You will be notified of any delays by email or telephone. Standard delivery is £3.95 for all orders to any country. Delivery within the UK normally takes 1 to 2 working days, elsewhere in Europe it is more likely to be 4 to 6 working days, and for the rest of the world please allow 7 days. They are despatched using first class mail. An extra charge may sometimes be applied if Swiftair is requested or Guaranteed Next Day delivery outside the UK.. Subject to credit clearance and availability of stock, we aim to despatch all orders within 24 hours of receipt of your order. If we do not have one of your ordered items in stock then we will get in touch to see if you want all or part of your order shipping. Normally orders containing out of stock items are despatched in full within 7 days. If an item you have ordered is out of stock, we will contact you by email or telephone to let you know and offer you either an alternative, to wait for new supplies to be delivered or to cancel your order. In the event of a price difference we will charge you the amount of the new order. Your credit/debit card will not be charged until the goods are available. If an order has two or more items and one item is out of stock that is part of a matching set you will be emailed with the option of having part of the order shipped immediately or waiting until the whole order can be completed. The waiting time for new supplies is usually one week, however it can be longer as we are dependant upon our suppliers. We will keep you updated of the waiting time by email and you can cancel your order if you wish.
5. Payment - We accept most major credit and debit cards e.g. MasterCard, Visa, Delta, Switch and Solo. If we have problems processing a payment we will get in touch with you to check your card details or another method of payment. If you wish to pay by cheque then we will not despatch the goods until we have received the cheque from you. Goods are only charged for once the items ordered are ready to be shipped to you. If there are any items on your order which are not in stock, you will not be charged for them until we are in a position to ship them to you. You will be advised by email if we are unable to complete your order. You will be charged the current price for buying goods from our website at the date you place your order, minus 10 % off the total order amount (excluding postage). All prices are displayed on our website and are inclusive of VAT at 17.5%. We reserve the right to amend prices if there is a change in VAT or if an error occurs. If this should happen, we will correct the price and ask you to confirm whether you still want the goods at the corrected price.
6. Returns - If you're in any way dissatisfied with the goods you have ordered, we will exchange them or give you a full refund. Unfortunately we cannot accept goods which have been worn or any labels removed unless the product is found to be faulty. To qualify for the full refund you must return all of the original packaging within 7 working days from the day the goods are received by you and the goods and packaging must be undamaged. This does not affect your statutory rights. If you wish to return goods to us, please fill in the returns form provided. Please print this page (before pressing the Submit Return Info button) and include the print out in the returned package. This will enable us to identify whom the goods are from. If you press the Submit Return Info button then we will be notified by email that you will be returning the goods. As soon as we receive the goods we will action your request. Where a refund has been requested, we will credit your card no later than 1 working day following receipt of the returned goods. Where the whole order is returned the postage fee of £2.00 will also be refunded to your card. If the returned items are to be exchanged, the replacement items if held in stock will be despatched within 1 working day. If the items are not in stock we will notify you of the new despatch date. You will not be charged postage on the replacement items. If you would like further information on our returns policy please call 01455 634082 or email [email protected]. Please use the returns address below:
The Lingerie Company
60 Castle Street
7. Cancelling An Order - To cancel an order either email [email protected] with the order number and your instruction to cancel, or telephone 01455 634082. The sooner you tell us of the cancellation, the sooner we can take action. If we have already shipped the order by the time you tell us, then you will need to return the package to us. In such cases, we will refund your payment when we have received the items back in good condition. The refund will be actioned upon receipt of the returned goods. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
9. Complaints Procedure - We welcome any comments about our service, we depend on you to tell us how we can improve what we are doing. Our aim is to deal with any problems and difficulties quickly and fairly. If you have any reason to complain about our service, please e-mail us at [email protected] and state that you are making a complaint. Alternatively call us on 01455 634082 and say that you wish to make a complaint. We will respond within 1 working day either resolving the complaint or with a timescale for resolution. Our aim to resolve all complaints within 5 working days. If you are not happy with our response or you wish to have a third-party help you to resolve your complaint, you can refer the matter to the Which? Web Trader Dispute Resolution Service.
10. General - TLC is owned and operated by Gayner Johnson, proprietor of the retail business "Johnsons", which has been established as a family business for over 50 years. Our registered address is:
60 Castle Street
All measurements are approximate.
The reproduction of colours is as accurate as the photographic and production process will allow.
All matters concerning and incidental to any offer or agreement for the purchase and sale of goods from our website shall be construed and governed according to English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction in all such matters.